County Court at Law 1
If you are scheduled for court and you are over age 65 or have a serious underlying health condition such as high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, or a compromised immune system due to chemotherapy for cancer or other ailment, contact the court or your attorney about the possibility of appearing remotely for court.
If you are coming to the courthouse for your court date, please note the following:
1. Allow extra time for getting through security.
2. If you have a cough, difficulty breathing, have a fever over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit, have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, do not come to the courthouse, contact the court.
County Court at Law No. 1 handles criminal misdemeanor cases and civil cases, including:
- Child Custody
- Personal Injury
- Probate matters' including wills and guardianship
The court also hears appeals from Justice of the Peace courts. We have jury trials scheduled every week as well as Magistrate Docket on Monday and Wednesday each week.
The court offices and courtroom are located on the second floor of the Brazos County Courthouse, at the north end bordered by William J Bryan Parkway
- The court offices are located in suite 2200.
- The courtroom is located in suite 2210.
Court staff cannot answer legal questions or give legal advice. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney.
For questions about fees, filings and status of filings for probate, guardianship, eviction, condemnation and cases appealed from Justice and Municipal Courts, please call the Brazos County Clerk's Officeat (979) 361-4128.
For questions about fees, filings and status of filings on divorce, custody, and all other civil cases not specifically listed and criminal cases involving class B misdemeanors and above, please call the Brazos County District Clerk's Officeat (979) 361-4231.