Land Development

Building and Zoning Requirements

Brazos County Building and Zoning Letter

Subdivision Regulations

If you divide your property into two or more parcels to convey to others "subdividing" is regulated by law. The Brazos County Subdivision Regulations have all of the information you need to move through this process. Failure to abide by the Brazos County Subdivision Regulations could result in both civil and criminal sanctions.

Developers must check carefully to determine if the property is located within the Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) of a nearby city. If the property is in the ETJ, the City and the County will simultaneously review a plat. The plat will require the subdivision to be accepted by both entities. Brazos County will be the only review if the property is located outside the ETJ.

Any new structure or land subdivision will require a new address. A new and seperate address is not only for mail purposes, but also to assist others, such as emergency medical service personnel, law enforcement or fire department personnel to easily and promptly find you. Please contact the Brazos County 911 District at (979) 779-0911 for address assistance.

To  build a new structure or any other development contact the Brazos County Floodplain Department to apply for and recieve a permit. Failure to recieve a Brazos County Floodplain Development Permit could result in both civil and criminal sanctions. 

Developers should consult the Manufactured Home Rental Regulations if they wish to create a recreational vehicle or manufactured home park on a Brazos County property.

Brazos County has finished a set of Survey Control Monuments throughout the area.
Brazos County Survey Monument Report 2014