- Associate Courts
- Misdemeanor Associate Court
Misdemeanor Associate Court
The Brazos County Courthouse will reopen to the public on June 1, 2020. If you are scheduled for court and you are over age 65 or have a serious underlying health condition such as high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, or a compromised immune system due to chemotherapy for cancer or other ailment, contact the court or your attorney about the possibility of appearing remotely for court.
If you are coming to the courthouse for your court date, please note the following:
1. Only the person scheduled for court of subpoenaed to appear should come to the courthouse. Due to social distancing requirements, courtroom space is limited.
2. Anyone entering the courthouse is REQUIRED to wear a mask or other appropriate face covering.
3. Allow extra time for getting through security.
4. If you have a cough, difficulty breathing, have a fever over 100.0 degrees fahrenheit, have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, do not come to the courthouse, contact the court.
IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH THE TEXAS OPEN COURTS PROVISION, THE PUBLIC CAN VIEW THE HEARING THROUGH www.youtube.com. THE COURT'S CHANNEL IS "BRAZOS COUNTY AC1".
IF YOU VIEW THIS HEARING VIA THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL OR ANY OTHER MEDIUM, YOU ARE ORDERED NOT TO RECORD ANY PART OF THE HEARING, NEITHER USING AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDING OF ANY MEANS. A VIOLATION OF THIS ORDER COULD LEAD TO BEING HELD IN CONTEMPT OF COURT WHICH MAY INCLUDE A FINE OF UP $500.00 AND/OR UP TO 6 MONTHS IN JAIL FOR EACH VIOLATION.
IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE HEARING, UNDERSTAND YOUR ARE IN COURT AND ALL PROPER COURT RULES AND DECORUM SHALL APPLY, INCLUDING DRESS.
Responsibilities & Services
The goal of the Misdemeanor Associate Court is to provide a just, fair, equitable, efficient, timely, and impartial adjudication of the rights of litigants within the bounds of substantive law and procedural law as promulgated in Texas.