County Court at Law 2
The Brazos County Courthouse will reopen to the public on June 1, 2020. If you are scheduled for court and you are over age 65 or have a serious underlying health condition such as high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, or a compromised immune system due to chemotherapy for cancer or other ailment, contact the court or your attorney about the possibility of appearing remotely for court.
If you are coming to the courthouse for your court date, please note the following:
1. Only the person scheduled for court of subpoenaed to appear should come to the courthouse. Due to social distancing requirements, courtroom space is limited.
2. Allow extra time for getting through security.
3. If you have a cough, difficulty breathing, have a fever over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit, have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, do not come to the courthouse, contact the court.
IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH THE TEXAS OPEN COURTS PROVISION, THE PUBLIC CAN VIEW THE HEARING THROUGH www.youtube.com. THE COURT'S CHANNEL IS "James Locke".
IF YOU VIEW THIS HEARING VIA THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL OR ANY OTHER MEDIUM, YOU ARE ORDERED NOT TO RECORD ANY PART OF THE HEARING, NEITHER USING AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDING OF ANY MEANS. A VIOLATION OF THIS ORDER COULD LEAD TO BEING HELD IN CONTEMPT OF COURT WHICH MAY INCLUDE A FINE OF UP $500.00 AND/OR UP TO 6 MONTHS IN JAIL FOR EACH VIOLATION.
IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE HEARING, UNDERSTAND YOUR ARE IN COURT AND ALL PROPER COURT RULES AND DECORUM SHALL APPLY, INCLUDING DRESS.
County Court at Law No. 2 handles criminal misdemeanor cases and civil cases, including:
- Child Custody
- Personal Injury
- Probate matters' including wills and guardianship
The court also hears appeals from Justice of the Peace courts. We have jury trials scheduled every week as well as Magistrate Docket on Tuesday and Thursday each week.
The court offices and courtroom are located on the second floor of the Brazos County Courthouse, at the north end bordered by William J Bryan Parkway
- The court offices are located in suite 2401.
- The courtroom is located in suite 2410.
Court staff cannot answer legal questions or give legal advice. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney.
For questions about fees, filings and status of filings for probate, guardianship, eviction, condemnation and cases appealed from Justice and Municipal Courts, please call the Brazos County Clerk's Office at (979) 361-4128.
For questions about fees, filings and status of filings on divorce, custody, and all other civil cases not specifically listed and criminal cases involving class B misdemeanors and above, please call the Brazos County District Clerk's Office at (979) 361-4231.